Basement Arcade – Work Progresses

0

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything of significance. Essentially, that means I haven’t been doing any work. No work on the arcade collection and no work on my basement remodel. The basement remodel was intended to be a winter project. Unfortunately, I didn’t get as much done last winter as planned. Most of the framing was completed and a little bit of insulation work, but that’s about it.

I started working on the basement again in October and have made pretty good progress. New recessed lights have been installed to replace the hideous ceiling fans that the previous owner had installed. I still need to run the wiring from the switches to the lights. Most of the insulation has been put into place. All of the wiring to the outlets is in place as well as Cat-5 cable and cable for the satellite system.

I decided to put down a sub-floor just to eliminate the feeling of being in a basement. I found a product locally which is a 24 millimeter membrane with dimples that you place on the concrete. It acts as a moisture barrier and air gap and allows the concrete to breathe. On top of the membrane, you lay normal plywood just like you would any other sub-floor. I’m not sure if this is the product I actually purchased, but it’s identical to it. Because of a lack of storage space, I can only work on half of the flooring at any given time. I have half complete. I’ll need to move games and a few other items around to finish the other half. Before I move the games around, I’m going to go ahead and install the drywall on the half with the sub-floor. If mother nature cooperates, I’ll hopefully be picking up a load of drywall on my way home from work tonight. Unfortunately, it’s supposed to start raining and snowing sometime today. I’ll have some updated pictures after the weekend.

Leave a Reply